Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches 2KCBWDAY3




Corner of "guest" room
The blog challenge for today--"How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised" is a real killer! How does one keep such a thing as yarn (and fleece) in an organized manner? Well, as I have been using my blog to inspire me to get moving and actually do the things I write about, then I guess maybe today I will actually take a stab at making things orderly around here.
Assorted projects
Without a studio, and only a small room that has to double as a guest room at times, it sure is tricky! Here is the state of things right now: Loom and books in the guest room,
fleece under the eaves in another little room, yarn and needles in baskets all over, the scale, skein and ball winders on the dining room table.
The dining room table
Well! That is the state of things at the moment. At least my needles are orderly. Sort of. The fixed circular hang in a pretty holder that a friend made for me, the KnitPicks  interchangeable Zephyr Options have their own case and the straights are in one of two fabric needle cases. Hmm. I tried to get the yarn corralled into a three drawer plastic chest, but that didn't work because I couldn't see it. I need to see my stash so I know what I have to work with.
A bunch of yarn
So now that I look at the wreck I have made of the house, what will I do about it?   I seriously have to get this under control.  Especially since Easter is coming!  The short term solution to the dining room is to sweep everything into the dry sink.   But can I come up with a Real Solution?  Today I will spend reading as many blogs as I can, to see how other people cope. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment