Friday, March 4, 2011

Mentoring

Met with my student today.  She is so eager to learn about the art of spinning that it is a pleasure to be with her. Today we talked about fiber preparation.  It was good for me, as while I was digging into my bags of fleece I found a bag of long forgotten Cotswold.  I was a newbie spinner when I acquired it and was a little intimidated by it, so stuck it away.  Now, almost 15 years later, I find it and am thrilled. I combed some of it and it became a cloud of wonderment.  What possibilities!  It is so interesting to me to see how far I have come.
I did get some of my dyed locks carded into batts.
Alpaca batts, canning jar dyed
They are looking fine.  I have two more to do, plus a redo of one that needs a little more blending.   Then, finally, I will be spinning.
But, tomorrow Stitchy Women  is having an open house sale and I got a preview of things she has marked down.  I am so excited!  Not that I need a darn thing more, but stash is good for the soul, I am convinced.  Besides, some of the things on sale are books, and as a former librarian, books call to me at all times.  One can never have too many reference books, I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment