Thursday, March 10, 2011

Frustration

I have spent the last 2 hours hunched over the computer, trying to get my new printer to work.  Jesse, the computer son, has my drive divided into two parts, one running Linux and the other running Windows.  The printer is all hooked up in Windows, the problem is this particular driver is not in the Linux base, so I had to find and download one.  Which I did, but now I can not install if for some reason.  He has been helping me via email from Wisconsin, yet it is so hard (and I know from personal experience) to help a person with a computer problem when you don't know, really, what they did.  Jesse is very patient, though, and has only scolded me once for buying a printer without making sure it was Linux compatible.  I did read a review and the person was using it in Linux, they just didn't say anything about the driver for it!  I am sure it is just one small thing yet to do, only I don't know what it is.  Worst case scenario is that I can only use it on the evil Windows side until someone adds my model to the data base.  Nice thing about running Linux--all open source and no paying for every program or update that comes along.  We use it 95% of the time.
More frustration in the form of snow, turning to rain today.  When will it end?
I did manage to get my warp all spun, plyed and set.  Counting off on the warping board is my project for today.   Having second thoughts about some of the red colors which means they may get cut out of the project.  I will only know when I get it on the board.  If all goes well, I'll start loading the loom this afternoon.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment