Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Out of Sorts

Old Jelly Cupboard
I feel very Out of Sorts, today.  It is gray and rainy, and I am still tired.  But!!! Why I am tired, you should know, is because of a good thing.  Remember the photos on the Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches day?  Well, all that disarray got me to thinking about how I wanted a big cupboard with a door (or two) on it to put in the dining room so that I would have a place to put everything fiber related.  That way, it would be handy yet out of sight.  As I fantasized about going furniture shopping at all the second hand places around, I realized that I could do this without spending anything at all!
There is, in our bedroom, a Very Old jelly cupboard that came from the farmhouse I grew up in, in New Hampshire.  It has been used as a linen closet for us the last 30 years, as we have always lived in houses that are extremely skimpy on closets.
The Baby at 25
In the tiny bedroom is a dresser I used for the babies.  Since this is our baby and she is now 25, it hasn't been used for anything but storing stuff I don't want to deal with!  So, with my loving husband's help, I took all the linens out of the jelly cupboard, all the junk out of the "baby" dresser,  and moved the honking huge and heavy cupboard down to the dining room.



Nearly cleared table



Neatly put away
Then I sorted through the linens and put them in the little dresser.  And then happily filled the jelly cupboard with all the stuff on the dining room table. It was a brilliant move, I think!  The only thing left is the junk I don't want to deal with, but it turned out to be mostly things that belong to Becca, the married daughter, so I can pawn them off on her.  And maybe 40 magazines that are old Spin Off and Threads (before Threads went to mostly sewing).  These I like to give to people who can use the info in them.  I thought they would be great references, (most are from the late 90's and early 2000) however, I never look at them, so off they go to other places.
Balls of weft
And if you look closely, on the other side of the table you can see that I am washing and sorting another fleece.  That is my task for the week.  I got the weft spun, and after I stop writing I am going to try to get the loom threaded so I can start on my weaving.
  Busy day, Mrs. Premise! Especially since all afternoon I will be out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment