Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Moon

Full moon at spring equinox
I was pretty sure that the date for Easter was determined by the moon, and now I have the info down pat.   Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday after the first full moon that occurs after the spring equinox.  So, even though the moon was full just before the spring date of March 21, it has to happen after.  That is why Easter is so late this year.  Exactly why it was decided this way I haven't found out.  Just that it is this way.
Regardless, I am going to be spending the rest of the week cleaning and baking and getting ready to enjoy Easter dinner with my family.  Trying to figure out what we will eat--my Mom will bring ham and Jeff will cook lamb, so now to figure the rest of it.  Our 'traditional' dessert is trifle with raspberries and peaches.  Yumm.

No comments:

Post a Comment