Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Coffee break

Thought I would take a minute with a cup of coffee before I did an hour of spinning.  It's one of those gray winter days that make me feel like I should be hibernating.  Instead, I made myself go out and put the chickens in, got the mail and put the supper in the oven.  Now that chores are out of the way, I can indulge in a little me time.  Am hoping to get this roving spun soon so that I can work on my idea for the warp I have in mind.  I am going to spin a pre-dyed merino/silk roving and then ply the alpaca with it, thus creating color in the gray, but not by carding it in.  I am not sure what the weft will be yet.  One yarn at a time.  And I just agreed to be a spinning mentor to a college student for a class she has this semester.  I must be nuts.
Katy says "Everyone needs a little fiber in their diet".  I like that thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment