Friday, June 24, 2011

Fiber immersion

Looking like nothing
I am getting back into all my lapsed projects.  The little shawlette is giving me a run for the money as it is not shaping up the way I want it to.  So I am tweaking the design by adding another stitch at each side, after the yarn over, hoping to make the length across the shoulders increase at a greater rate than the length of the back.  I think it is working, but need to knit a bit more to be sure.  I am excited about the ribbon lacing part as it will change the whole look of the shawl.  Right now it is at the "don't look like much" stage.  I also got out my lace knitting as it has languished for so long that I was afraid I wouldn't remember how to do it.  But it all came back to me.  I really do like knitting from charts.  It is very hard to go back to reading patterns line by line.  In fact, I haven't done it in forever.
It being another rainy day, I am going to do some carding and get back to spinning.  I am still working on the dark brown which I hope to finish so that I can start on the next color.  I want to be sure and have enough yarn for both warp and weft as it is so annoying to be caught out and have to stop everything to spin some more.  Happy day, playing with fiber!

Fleece right off the animal

No comments:

Post a Comment