Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Busy Morning

Apple pie jam
The jam is on the stove, cooking down to a lovely golden brown, thick mass of yumminess so I thought I would take a minute and let you know that I have actually finished a project. 




 The hat was one I made from Addy's fleece, throwing in a few pre-dyed mohair locks and some metallic sparkle.  The resulting batts I spun as lightly as I could.  The result was very pleasing.  I then decided to knit the hat with asymmetrical cables.  Very difficult!! I normally design things it to be evenly spaced--properly balanced.  It was really very hard to consciously put the cables in various places.   I think it came out just fine.  The scarf is still on the loom.  I am going to get a move on that as I have spun some black for the next one, which I have an exciting idea for. Well, exciting to me!  I will share later, after this one is finished.
Rosco
Meanwhile I am posting on our Neighborhood Forum that I have a Rooster to give away. Yes, the time has come to part the two, before there is any bloodshed or wounded hens.  Which one do you think should go?  I think they are both very handsome, but realistically can only keep one.   We thought we would try a give-away first, if that doesn't happen, then it will be into the oven for him.  Sigh.  The hazards of small flock management!
Brisco


3 comments:

  1. Oh dear what a hard decision to make...hmmm I think Rosco has to go. The only reason I picked Rosco is because Brisco is so beautiful. Your jam looks so yummy, is that the recipe that Nutfield Weaver had on her blog for Apple Maple jam?

    Your knitted hat is lovely! I know how to knit socks, but have never tried a hat--maybe it is time I expanded my comfort level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for weighing in on the Rooster dilema! I think it may be Rosco as Brisco is sort of whimpy still and I don't want a fierce rooster, so if I kept him maybe he would be nice to my hens. The jam recipe came from a booklet from The Green Briar Nature Center & Jam Kitchen in East Sandwich, MA. They are home to the Thorton W. Burgess Society. T. W. Burgess was the author of a series of children's books that were eagerly devoured in our home. And lastly, if you can knit socks you can knit anything you have a mind to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cochran household votes to keep Brisco (Alice says whichever one is least aggressive, but if they are the same level than definitely must keep Brisco.)

    ReplyDelete